The EHDI process is frequently not simple for families even in the best of times. Navigating it during a global pandemic creates a unique set of unprecedented challenges.
Click below for information, tips, guidelines, and resources to assist your family in navigating the EHDI system with COVID-19 considerations in mind.
Where can I find more information about keeping my family safe during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Handout on how to keep you, your baby, and your provider safe during COVID-19 (Hands & Voices)
- Article on caring for children and youth with special healthcare needs during the pandemic (American Academy of Pediatrics – AAP)
How can I continue to move my baby’s development forward at home during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Ways to set the stage for future language development through early interactions (National Center for Hearing Assessment and Management – NCHAM)
- Webinar Supporting Language and Communication for Children Who Are Deaf/Hard of Hearing at Home During COVID-19 (National Center for Hearing Assessment and Management – NCHAM)
How can I support my child’s emotional needs during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Article with guidance, recommendations, and resources for supporting your child’s emotional needs during COVID-19 (Child Trends)
- Webinar on Supporting Emotional Health and Resilience During COVID-19 Webinar (National Center for Hearing Assessment and Management – NCHAM)